The town hall built in 1726-30 dominates the market square as a solitaire and is a landmark of the town of Schorndorf. During the first conversion phase, its upper floors were dynamically renovated, in accordance with its heritage-protected status. In the second construction phase, the public area on the ground floor and the façade were restructured. The principle design idea was to make the historical setting as visible as possible, with transparency also evoking the original function of the ground floor as a market space. Stairs lead from the foyer with its historical wooden columns up to the wedding hall. The front facing the plenar hall is made of glass, so the space can be perceived as a whole. The plenar hall features undulating ceiling sails and a seating arrangement that optimises a communicative atmosphere.