The listed building of the School of Economics of the Humboldt-University was built in 1906. Since 1994 the building is being reorganised and refurbished in several phases by the architects Hüffer-Ramin, while the institute is in use.
The renovation of the main lecture halls was planned in order to fit these with state of the art equipment and to create spaces with an individual character according to their specific location within the building. The trapezoidal shaped lecture hall underneath the mansard roof-arch is characterised by the radial arrangement of the seating rows. The radial Lay-out is reflected in the vaulted and stepped scaled ceiling. Lighting, technical installations and acoustically effective surfaces are hidden between and behind the individual ceiling scales.